Columbia Basin Racquet Club has always been committed to creating a healthy community for its members. COVID-19 has only made us more determined be a part of how our members develop and maintain a fitness routine.
With the new mandate from Governor Inslee, CBRC is closed. Please know we will do our best to keep in communication with you all during this difficult time and will re-open as soon as we can.
In the meantime, you will receive regular tips from staff and invitations to join challenges. Instructors and trainers are posting videos to the Facebook page and you can check out some of the “Trainer Talks.” You can also do some LesMills workouts from home.
While the news evolves, we are monitoring the situation and supporting all taking preventative measures. This includes following the Center for Disease Control guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
CBRC purchased the Clorox Total 360. This disinfectant cleaner uses electrostatic technology to get complete coverage in hard-to-reach places — including the side, underside, and backside of surfaces. This cleaner that is regularly used in hospitals does the following:
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria in 5 seconds
- Kills cold and flu viruses, MRSA and norovirus in 2 minutes or less, plus hand/foot/mouth
- Provides one-step disinfecting
- Eliminates odors
- Sanitizes soft surfaces
- Inhibits the growth of mold and mildew for up to 7 days
Clorox Total 360 also has a residual effect, which means it will continue to kill after application and won’t need reapplication for two more days. You can view a short video on how it works.
Until this product is delivered, our custodial and maintenance programs continue to emphasize and implement best practices in cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing methods.
You can be assured that CBRC is monitoring updated information from Benton-Franklin Health District officials and reviewing emergency response plans should COVID-19 arise locally. CBRC will continue to follow the direction and guidance of local and state health officials and immediately communicating our response plan with members and staff.
CBRC takes our responsibility to support our members seriously. Know that even as COVID-19 causes uncertainty, we are proud to be an organization that inspires community, creates a sense of family and enhances a life worth living. We look forward to seeing you again as soon as we can.
Be well and keep moving!