Play and movement activities help children develop important physical abilities, teaching confidence and motivation. Physical activity should be FUN and something they want to do on their own. Early activity is the stepping stone to an active life! Experts now say that every minute adds up, so keep your child moving throughout the day! Being active as a child can actually decrease their future risk of cancer, stroke, obesity, and disability.
Youth Programs Available
- KIDS FIT: Kids Fit gets children ages preschool through grade 8 moving and engaging in an inclusive way using music,
games, and fun movement challenges (like obstacle courses, scooters, and parachutes). Children will learn new
ways to move and exercise. All activities are interlaced with the thing kids do most naturally, play! Our goal is to
guide youth to lifelong healthy exercise habits with high-interest games and activities in each Kids Fit class!
Kids Fit next session begins December 2nd!
- Youth Equipment Orientation (ages 10-13): We encourage children to stay active and do this safely! During the youth equipment orientation children meet with a Personal Trainer to show them which equipment they can use and how to do this properly. This is a one-time complimentary session. Schedule today!
- Speed, Agility, and Quickness Training (SAQ Training for middle schoolers): This program is to help children improve speed, agility, reaction time, and coordination as it equates to sports and daily activities. Learn more. New Program begins on January 12th.
- SAQ Team Training Available! For teams looking to stay active and on their game. (10 children max) Learn more.
- Athlete Development Training: These are for children looking to increase overall strength, improve body awareness, and learn proper mechanics to prevent injury. Athlete Development Training can be done one-on-one or in small groups of up to 6 athletes. Get scheduled today!
- Youth (ages 8-11): 2 x week for 30-minute sessions.
- Middel School (ages 12-14): 2 x week for 45-minute sessions.
- High School (ages 15+): 2 x week for 60-minute sessions.
- Junior Tennis: Learn more. To get started today email our Tennis Director, Jana Welt.
- Pee Wee ages 4-6
- Junior Academy ages 7-9
- Junior Academy + ages 10-13
- Academy ages 9-14
- High School Hit ages 13-18
- Team CBRC Elite ages 14+
- Kids Swimming: Learn more. To get started today email our Aquatics Director, Kari Woelber.
- Parent-Tot Swim Lessons: introduce infants/toddlers to the water.
- Jellyfish: Children will learn to become comfortable with their faces under the water.
- Starfish: Children will learn the front crawl, elementary backstroke, and proper breathing techniques.
- Seahorse: Emphasis at this level will be to fine-tune rhythmic breathing with the crawl stroke. Treading water, the dolphin kick, and kneeling and standing dives are also introduced.
- Manta Ray: Children are learning the breaststroke and butterfly. The dolphin kick is also mastered.
- Shark: is for the most advanced swimmer. At this level, the butterfly stroke and the breaststroke are coordinated. Swimmers must swim four lengths of the pool with backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle to complete the program. Students who complete the program are encouraged to join the Pre-Swim Team!
- Pre-Swim Team: This is designed for those interested in taking the next step toward the swim team. This class, which will be mildly competitive, is for kids who love swimming and want to have fun.
- High School Swim Clinic: building strength and technique through drills.