You may not be able to tell by looking out your window, but summer is coming sooner than you think.
Pretty soon it’ll be time to start thinking about how you’re going to fill your time, and maybe make a few extra dollars on the side.
Here at CBRC, we pride ourselves in providing a first job for many of our community’s young people. By providing work experience and skills training, we think of it as giving back to our community.
We teach tomorrow’s adults to work, be good citizens, increase skills, provide basic customer service, and become marketable in many career paths.
So, when you or your teenager are thinking about a summer job, keep us in mind. Here are some of the positions we’ll be hiring this year:
- Pelican Bay will be open, and we need lots of lifeguards to keep the youngsters safe. It’s a fun and rewarding job, and gives you a great way to stay outside and soak up the sun. We’ll be hosting Red Cross lifeguard training during spring break. Even if you don’t want to work with us, the Red Cross certification is good anywhere, and you’ll need it to be lifeguard. Click here for more information.
- Summer Camp counselors. If you love spending time with kids, this may be right up your alley. You’ll get to spend a lot of time doing activities with the youngsters. You’ll also get to lead them in lots of gym games, such as basketball and floor hockey.
- Birthday party hosts. Really simple. Help make sure our birthday parties are safe and fun. Most birthday parties are at Pelican Bay.
- Kids club attendants. Once again, you get to work and play with kids. And get paid for it.
- Swim instructors. It should go without saying, but this one isn’t for you if you don’t like spending lots of time in the water. You don’t have to be an Olympic level swimmer to teach either. Just be able to show the little ones the basics.
- Deli and Sand Bar attendants. If you have any interest in food service, this one’s for you. You get to work with adults and kids, doing everything from quick serve to preparing salads, sandwiches, and wraps.
- If you like to be busy from the start of your day to the end, this could be great for you. It’s not the most glamorous job, but it’s one of the most essential. Keeping our gym clean and sanitary is one way we keep our members safe and healthy.
- Front desk. This is the central nervous system of the Club. It’s a fast-paced environment, requiring bright smiles and fun personalities.
If any of these interests you, check us out. The first step is to have a look at our Purpose Pyramid. If that resonates with you, let’s talk.
You’ll be a great fit with us if you can put yourself out and engage with others. If you can be loud and enthusiastic; if you want to meet new people and make new friends, this could be for you.
There’s no experience required for most of our positions. Though it does help if you’ve taught Sunday School, babysat, volunteered with youth sports, etc.
We wish you good health,
Columbia Basin Racquet Club