Have you ever made a fitness New Year’s resolution but couldn’t keep it longer to make a difference? Many Americans have the same problem, which is why experts consider “fall the super season for shaping up!” It is better to fall back into your fitness now and develop those healthy habits before the holiday season begins.
IDEA Health & Fitness Association published an article entitled, “10 Fall Fitness Tips.” Barbara Russi Sarnataro and Louise Chang, MD discuss 10 different ways to make the most of the season. Below are the tips with our own CBRC twist.
- Take advantage of the weather: Come to the club and schedule a time to meet with a personal trainer to develop a fitness routine and then workout outside.
- Think outside the box: Fall is a great time to start something new. Check out the class schedules here and join the fun!
- Be an active TV watcher: It’s Fall. One of the best things about Fall is all the new season premieres of your favorite shows. The club is open during prime time television. Check out your favorite show while working out.
- Integrate exercise into your life: If you are standing in line to get a delicious shake at our café, try doing some calf raises. Do you get so excited when you find that front row parking spot at the club? Well now, you should be excited for that last row spot so you can get extra steps on your way to your workout.
- Rejuvenate yourself: Try one of the club’s yoga classes or flex and engage classes to clear your mind, body, and soul. Fall is the perfect time to unwind and destress.
- Remember the 30-day rule: It takes about a month for your body to adapt to change. Create a routine and stick to it for 30 days so you can start seeing results.
- Strive for the 3 Cs, commitment, convenience, and consistency: Once you have your routine down and you commit to it, you are ready to go! Good thing the club is super convenient with the hours, childcare, and numerous workout options to guide you.
- Deal with darkness: “If walking or running during dark hours wear a reflective vest and carry a flashlight. When cycling, affix a light to your helmet or bike.” The parking lot at the club is lit but please be sure to have a flashlight or something handy to help you in the early mornings and late evenings when daylight is short.
- Dress in layers: “When exercising outside, layer your clothing. Before your body warms up, you may feel chilled, but once the blood gets pumping, you’ll feel overdressed.” Be sure to stop by the club’s store by the front desk for the latest workout fashions to help you layer!
- Find your motivation: Whether it is a workout buddy, routine, or trainer, find something to keep you motivated. Make working out fun and do things you enjoy. CBRC has all these options and more!
If you follow these fitness tips for your Fall workout, you will be able to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte without the guilt. Fall will come and go quickly so we hope you start your Fall fitness routine today.
Happy Fall everyone!